Have a better, more proportional contour and a firmer look.
What is a thigh lift?
A thigh lift reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat, resulting in smoother skin and better proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body. If you have been unable to achieve a more proportionate thigh contour through weight loss and firmness efforts, a thigh lift may be the right choice for you.
How is it done?
Thigh lift surgery reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin that may be drooping and sagging from significant weight loss and for some people, reducing fat with liposuction. The procedure is done under general anesthesia. A thigh lift removes this excess skin and fat and repositions the thigh to a higher position. This gives the patients smoother skin with less lumpiness underneath the skin and better proportioned contour of the thighs. Patients will wear a compression garment for about two weeks which helps reduce swelling after surgery and insures a good result.
How do I know it is right for me?
- A thigh lift is right for both men and women who have lost weight and your weight is now stable
- If you have extra soft tissue (skin) on your inner and outer thigh area
- If you are not a smoker, which causes your skin to have less elasticity. If you are a smoker, you will need to refrain from smoking well before and hopefully cease after your surgery
- If you are healthy and do not have a medical condition the will impeded healing of increase your risk during surgery.
- If you have realistic goals for what this surgery can accomplish for you
- And if you are committed to leading a life which includes regular exercise and proper nutrition.
How do I recover from this procedure?
Dr Gray and our nursing staff will explain at-home recovery care in detail and give you thorough paperwork with full instructions about taking care of yourself after surgery. It is good to have a helpful care giver for your post-surgery period. Your will wear a comcation garment for about 2 weeks and your incisions will take about 2 to 3 weeks to heal. You will not be allowed to exercise for 3 to 4 weeks after your thigh lift surgery.