Breast implant procedures usually have a very high patient satisfaction rate. Complications can arise, however, which require corrective surgery to improve results that the patient is not content with. At Atlantic Plastic Surgery, we offer corrective breast surgery services to help correct and improve the results of a previously unsatisfactory breast surgery performed by other surgeons.
The three most common reasons for breast implant revisions are:
- changing implant size,
- improving the natural feel and appearance of the breasts
- and correcting capsular contracture
The need for breast implant revision can be minimized by a careful and thorough approach to breast augmentation the first time around. Patients come to see Dr. Lawrence Gray for breast revision surgery because they are not happy with either the size or the shape of their breasts or sometimes, both. Not all surgeons who perform breast procedures have the level of experience and training of Dr. Gray. Below please see 2 sets of revsions performed by Dr. Gray.
Before and After Examples
Examples of the types of breast implant revision cases Dr. Gray repairs include:
- Deflation of the implants
- Capsular Contracture, in which the scar tissue has hardened
- Implant or Nipple Asymmetry
- Double Bubble, in which there is a dual breast crease and tissue sagging
- Ptosis, in which the implants placed too low
- Synmastia, in which the implants are placed too close together
- Rupture of the implant (silicone or saline),
- Simply a decision to make a change in the size or volume of the implant.
Breast implant revision offers a solution to all of these women looking to re-do their breast augmentation. When a problem does arise, the proper correction focuses first and foremost on carefully diagnosing why the problem exists.
For breast implant repair, it is important to find a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast implant revision cases, which often involve scar tissue, scar revisions, nipple revisions and implant replacements. Breast implant revision specialists, such as Dr. Gray has had many years of experience removing, replacing and correcting breast implant problems.
Most problems can be significantly improved. When you visit our private surgical facility in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Dr. Gray will examine you and discuss their recommendations to improve the results of your previous cosmetic procedure. Dr. Gray will be able to tell you what kind of improvements they can make for you so you can make an informed decision that is right for you.